- Taxes are deducted at source wherever applicable and paid out by us, as per the Income Tax Act 1961. Thus, if your individual winnings for a single contest are more than Rs.10,000, a tax of 31.2% will be deducted. The remaining amount (68.80%) will be credited to your winnings balance. For e.g. If you win Rs.1,00,000, Rs.31,200 will be deducted and your actual winnings are Rs.68,800.
- Winners will be provided TDS certificates in respect of such tax deductions, if applicable. However, you shall be responsible for payment of any other applicable tax, including but not limited to, income tax, gift tax, etc. in respect of the Cash Prizes money won. If you have any queries regarding taxation, we strongly suggest that you consult with a tax expert. For more information please check our 'Terms and Conditions'
Click on 'When will I receive my TDS certificate?' to know the TDS Certificate issuance timeframe.